8.08.2010

MudFest.

My Internet isn’t working at the moment so I have less distraction and can actually update my blog. Well, falsely update it anyway. Until my Internet ‘miraculously’ comes back on, or at least that is what I am hoping since my phone call to the man on the card didn’t produce anything positive. Ehhhh. Or I could just go to Yeoni cafe, Coffee Cherry or the PC Bang. That's probably what I'll end up doing, let's be realistic, I can't just kick this addiction in a day.

Oh well. Take ‘em as they come, right? Anyways… I don’t know what to talk about first?! I never mentioned Mudfest- maybe because it is self-explanatory?

Well, to recap: Mudfest is a huge international MUD festival held in Boryeong at Deacheon beach in South Korea for the past 13 years. Thousands of people, mostly foreigners, make their way to this week long festival. I was one of them. Boryeong mud is famous for its therapeutic properties, it's used to make cosmetics, soaps, lotions, shampoos etc. The Festival is located about a quarter of a mile from the natural source of the mud, and the silt is delivered to the site via hoses and truckloads. 

Getting There: We opt to check it out the first weekend it’s in effect and we plan to take the 9am train straight to Boreyeong Saturday morning. Late Friday night we are informed that we might be SOL since everyone seems to book their train tickets in advance and the 9am is sold out, along with every other train after that. After calling the tourist information center (awesomely helpful English speaking, all-knowing gods and goddesses) we find out there are still a few seats left on the 6am train BUT, we have to get to the station earlier than that to make sure we actually GET those seats. With almost no sleep we manage to get on that early train and watch the rain pour down and whip against the windows during the two hour ride. We arrive early and check into our over-priced roach motel. Quickly change out of our soaking wet clothes into dry ones that are about to become soaked as well and head out into the rain and mud. 

Day 1: Wet, cold, muddy, drunken shit show. 4 broken/lost, wet cell phones, approximately 4 pairs missing shoes, 1 lost flip cam, 1 potential wallet/phone disaster, mud slides, blow up attractions, mud prison, a sweet potato sandwich, color mud, k-pop, cold cheeseburgers, head injuries, blood, sand, salt water, bare feet, an ambulance, fireworks, midnight swimming, 5 showers and a really bad headache.


Day 2: Beautifully sunny day of recovery. Therapeutic mud purged pores, CLAY- beach side, natural mud and wheel. Nap, sunburn and Corona.

 


THE END.


Oh and PS- 1 more yoni will be arriving shortly! Yen’s on board, yes she isss, yes she isssss!!!  10 days until her arrival (maybe) ^^




 

2 comments:

  1. I’m just seeing this post for the first time. Thank you so much for mentioning me. What a great feeling. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha loving the last bit! wooowho! and when/where is this pic from? I hate when you take pics bc I never seeee them! (example: mandys wedding).
    late bday celebration when I finalllly get there? i think soooo! ^^

    ReplyDelete