2.11.2011

Blue Lips, Blue Veins, the Color of Our Planet From Far, Far Away...

It will be nine months in just a few days that I have been living on the other side of this planet... all I keep thinking is DAMN that seems like a long time to bear a child! I mean, although the nine months have gone by fairly quickly- still, all that time with so many restrictions? Don't get me wrong, hopefully I will have one or two before my clock stops but christ! Those crazies that have like 6, or even 4 for that matter, that's like what... 3-5 years of your life being pregnant?! yeah, I just had to whip out my widget calculator for that one. Math isn't my strong point. Whatever.

Anywayyyyy....

So... looks like I started that a MONTH ago... because I am now into my tenth month of living and working in South Korea. TENTH! Seems like I wrote that last week. A very dear friend who I am going to miss terribly told me that the last six months would go by very quickly, I didn't realize how right he was until now. I am excited to embark on my next adventure but it's starting to become bittersweet when I think about leaving. I try not to worry about it since I do still have a few months but it's hard to forget when you are out and your friends get drunk and get the long face and tell you not to go.
Such is life. Must remain in a forward motion. at.all.times. If not then you are apt to go crazy.
My sister, Eva, is in the midst of her own Asian Adventure right now... traversing Indian grounds, and will arrive in Korea for the last leg of her trip in just a few short weeks. Very much looking forward to that and have been sitting up till no earlier that 3am every night obsessively and compulsively planning the few weekends I will be able to spend with her. Between planning my last weekends here in Korea and (obsessively and compulsively) planning my upcoming Southeast Asian Adventure I am starting to get the computer eye...
Spring is trying to arrive but winter keeps getting jealous, which means I think Eva will be getting here just in time to see the cherry blossoms blossom. There will be many a festival to attend, because Korea LOVES their festivals!
So, there's to planning the near future, but..

In this great future, you can't forget your past...
So let's RECAP

I was fortunate to be able to spend the holidays with my family and friends from home in New York and although it was WAY to short of a trip, I was grateful and happy to see everyone.
Something about Christmas, no matter where in the world I may be during this time of year I WILL make my way home. mark.my.word.


A few weeks after returning from my trip home, a piece of home came to me ^^ when my childhood friend Ms. Victoria West came to visit! Not ONLY did she come visit me in Korea, where I was
sure to show her a few things such as how to drink soju and makju and soju in makju, somak, stay up all night singing at noreabang followed by Korean bbq at 6am for the second time in 24 hours- BUT we were lucky enough to be able to plan her trip around the Lunar New Year, one of the only small holiday breaks I get from my job.


SO.. ..we took off the to the Philippines for a few days. Bantayan Island. Beautiful, cheap, paradise. I have been trying to convince Rusty and Bob to move out there ever since. Open up a small hotel or bar and you are set. All foreigners own the establishments and the native people are friendly and happy. The country survives off of tourism so it's win win. So.feckin.GORGEOUS. It was a sad day upon our departure, and my insides were sure to let me know when I got the violent sickness traveling back. terrible. But I'm alive. Sorta.








Anyway, it was also a sad day when Tori had to leave- and as much as I succeeded in not bawling at the bus terminal, my tear ducts failed me when I returned home to find a note written in Tor's signature all caps xoxo, Tuv under my pillow.
Very romantic.
So from when Tori left until now it has been a long stretch of weekends that are too quick and weekdays that are too long, on and off sickness because of a filipino parasite, the yellow dust, being dermatologically overmedicated, or, all of the above.

Until next time....

6 comments:

  1. this makes me miss you and love you so much. i hope the parasite finds its way out asap (not via yoni obvi) ha. thats crazypants for real. xoxo youre pretty damn amazing jader. "don't let your dreams be dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you sooooo much JADE- Kim....I am so proud you embarked on this Journey! I love your pics> I keep tabs on you! Don't worry about the children now and you could always freeze eggs like we talked about....maybe save a few for! Your blogs always make me laugh and SMILE....Trying to do an Korean Smile now, but I am only awake because of PAIN. Don't worry you do not have a parasite, but if you get sick again.....you must go get a stool sample done. Excited to hear about the Korean Festivals to come! Also, SUPER EXCITED EVA's on her way soon!!!!!! Now you Sisterrrrsss can bond and enjoy eachother. I know how much you both miss each other. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Love Always and Forever,
    ME-----Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. please don't talk about ur leaving as i am trying so hard NOT to think about that. damn it. i hate it.(T.T) a daughter and her mom argue and hurt each other right before the daughter's wedding in korea. we call it "정떼기(getting rid of affection and let the tie between loosen)". i might be like the mom who has to let go of her daughter. she knows that she only needs to wish her all the best for her daughter's future life but it's too tough to just let her daughter go. oh my god. ur writing genuinely makes me cry. but i think these tears are good things as they are from affection and all the good memories we will share in our lives. thank you so much Jade. but i am aware that it's not a real goodbye. we have skype. hehe cheers for the days left for us!!!!! with love and gratitude. from insun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insun, you had me in tears, please come visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jade you need to write a book!! You are sooo good. Love you xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv you! You made me cry ... I don't think there is anyone else in the WORLD that I would travel around the world to see. Farthest I have ever gone for anyone was to Canada.
    LUV ALWAYS! TUV

    ReplyDelete