6.04.2010

Health Check




This is what happens when you smoke... in Korea.

5.29.10  

Yesterday we are taken to get our health check. Eyes, ears, chest, blood, urine, height, weight and…. bust measurements?! Odd. No hip or waist measurements, just… bust. I wonder why. The hospital is a tad on the dirty side, but; I guess that is what you get when you aren’t feeding millions into the healthcare system- but guess what, if you are sick and broke someone will actually take care of you! AND you won’t have to take out a loan or sell your sister if you happen to break a bone. That’s comforting. There is a porcelain hole in the ground of one of the bathroom stalls, I am told this is common but this is the first one I come across… in the hospital. BUT there is an above ground commode as well, and I opt for that one, it is 

hard enough aiming into the tiny cup they give me, but then again, what isn’t tiny? Oh, the needle, the only larger than American item I have come across so far. Abnormally and unnecessarily large. Figures.




6.02.10

I have been here two weeks.

 

The director of our school says that Lynn and I look the same….WE look the same? Really??? Ha.

We have also begun our first week of teaching. So far so good. We are given the books to teach from and a weekly syllabus so no lesson plans for us! Awesome. My favorite part… we get to give our kids English names if they can’t think of one themselves and don’t already have one! So far I have a few Jenna’s, a Cara, Sara, Jill, Jeff, JoAnna, Lynn, Lindsey, Rocco and Phil. Sorry- Eva and Rusty didn’t work out too well.  They have to like the name I suggest.

 

6 Year old Jenna needs some Adderall and Rocco and Phil need to be separated already, JoAnna looks just like Dora the Explorer, Sara is super smart, Cara is super stylish and Jeff is cute and nerdy. Oh, and Phil has highlights. And Cara gave me a gift of sweet yogurt nectar.

 

Lynn and I go out for some fried chicken and beer and stumble upon THIS right here.


 

 

We spend the rest of the night cheers-ing to: Obama, Hip-Hop (Eminem in particular), CSI Miami, American Idol…. and Lynn’s Russian Gangster Jujitsu boyfriend of course. I caaaan’t.



 

Oh. I also spot my first gay Korean couple. Very cool hair.

5 comments:

  1. so, lynn is still with the russian guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i caaaaaaaan't. teach him how to do the stanky legg!!!! its hot and humid here.. thunderstorms all weekend.. wish i was there xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you know how Asians feel when people say they look alike in the USA =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha love it all.
    Jack says hi & requests a student to be named after him. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin your blog!

    ReplyDelete