5.30.2010

And Thennnn...



Day 7- Last day of first week Aloneeee in Korea.
10:35am

I found a Himtoo hair this morning.

It is rainy and cold. Somewhere along the lines I missed that I was arriving at the BEGINNING of monsoon season, I thought I was just missing it. I hear something like spring peepers on steroids outside of my apt down by the little park every night, but no matter how hard I try I cannot see a single creature. I am starting to think it’s a sensor system hidden somewhere in the bushes. It is really loud. My hair has been doing something very odd; it has reverted back to when I was about 11 and going through puberty and becomes a big grease-ball within minutes after I wash it. Mean, mean joke. I don’t know if it’s the fancy new shampoo my hairstylist cousin gave me before I left, the water, or both. The water here seems to be really hard and leaves a nice white film on everything it touches. I’ve cleaned the bathroom twice with bleach in the one week I have been here. One week today. It seems like much longer. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad?

10:00pm

Not much actually occurs during my ‘official’ first day of training at the Pyeongtaek campus. I observe 2 of Andy Teacher’s classes and then Sean Teacher (this is what the students call us) makes me, surprise! Teach his class. I am totally unprepared and feel like a big asshole when I don’t know the answers to the simple reading comprehension questions. I had never even seen the book before! I mean common, not all of us are super quick. Then I get some food with Jessica Teacher and take the Avalon short bus, along with a few students back to my campus. All in all it was a decent first day of “official training”.

I am informed that the North has officially declared war on the South, although I don’t know just how credible my source is. I’m wondering if I should be panicking.

Approx. 48 hours ‘till Lynn arrives and I am definitely counting!! ^^

2 comments:

  1. are those your drawings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard anything more about the war between North and South Korea? Do they have any English news papers there?

    ReplyDelete