5.22.2010

Day 3


Day 3

5.20.10

Soon I will stop with the days… things are still new, I must document accordingly. Happy Day of Birth Dad!

I miss everyone.

Today I am going to Avalon Pyeongtaek- where I thought I was?? Tomorrow is a holiday but I don’t know what that means. I feel like I am in college again with my hot pot and ramen noodles, although the ramen noodles I’ve eaten here are spicy and better. I see lots of women gardening. Walking around with their big hats and rakes.

 Midnight:

Tomorrow is Buddha’s birthday, a Korean National holiday, no work. I found this out from the teachers at the other campus. They didn’t know I was coming. I met the head teacher, Andy from Scotland; he explained how things work to me. Usually you don’t know what’s going on until it’s happening, so, it was okay that he didn’t know I was coming. I observed some classes and then went to my first real Korean dinner… in Korea. It was pretty much giant pieces of thick bacon that you cook yourself, naturally. I went with Andy and his girlfriend Jessica, who is from Florida and teaches at a different Hagwan (private English language school). They are leaving in August and going to Taiwan.

 I also learned that PyeongTaek is about 300,000 people, not 10,000, like Madeline, my recruiter told me. Way off there, Maddy. AND the beach is pretty far- about an hour away, I won’t tell Lynn that ‘til she gets here ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment