5.22.2010

Day 2


Day 2

5.19.10

12:45pm

Slept 13 hours. Woke up with severe anxiety and headache. Took a klonopin and some Advil and ventured out. I went to Dunkin Donuts because it was the only place open at 8:30am, the guy made me sit down so he can serve me my bagel and cream cheese… and instant coffee ‘Americano’. I ate and then proceeded back to the PC Bang armed with my phrase translation book, thank you Sara! I get on a computer for only 800 won/hr, under 1USD, F-you Kinko’s.

I found out the name of the card I need- Alien Registration. I won’t get it until I get a physical and I won’t get that until Lynn gets here so we can be brought together. Great. I also need that card to get Internet in my apt.

Next mission: Supermarket. Wowwwww. There is milk and cheese here too, who said they didn’t have milk?

Oh and GREAT NEWS!! Lynn is going to be here sooner than expected, she got her visa issuance number today!! The sun’s out.

10:15pm

Got home from my first day at work to find my cool sliding kitchen doors dividers missing, a table, 2 chairs and a closet in my apt. Of course being the New Yorker that I am I panic and quickly check to make sure everything is in place. Obviously someone other than myself knows the code to my door and I don’t really like that. Also, Lynn’s code must have been mysteriously changed because I went to go put her dishes away and couldn’t get in with the code on the paper I was given. Odd.

Work was uneventful because there was nothing for me to do. They are waiting for Lynn to get here so we can go over to the other school for orientation together; why did I have to come here first again? Anyway, my co-workers were all very nice and friendly. As a welcoming present I was given Starbucks and Dominos pizza. Ha. Oh and ‘cock’ aka coke.

On the way home I stop to buy some CHOCO wheatmeal natural biscuits. Delish.

 

2 comments: