5.22.2010

Day 4


Day 4

11:45am

I think the jet lag is laggin’.

Happy Day of Birth Buddha!

Oh Jesus I love you, and I love Buddha too.

3pm

Found a new area today. Fun. The sun was HOT and I wore a tank, I’m not sure if that is acceptable, I was feeling some looks. But that could also be because it seems as though I am THE only foreigner in this town. Came upon a small ceramic studio where an old lady was giving a woman a lesson on the wheel and a young girl was playing with some clay in the back… I tried very hard to communicate with her but no luck. Nothing in my translation book about it either. I’ll have to figure something out and go back. I love Clay. Saw some street vendors, bought some lettuce, a tomato, an onion and a rather skinny cucumber from an old man farmer- he didn’t seem too happy about it either. I don’t think he was a happy person in general; none of the farmer vendors seemed too happy. Oh, and I also somehow managed to set up an account to rent DVDs! Although it seems like I can probably watch all the English movies they have in about a week.

Stopped at the supermarket to pick up some more hangers and some salad dressing and when I was in there something strange occurred,  all of a sudden all the employees in the entire place started chanting in unison. One would yell something then they all stopped and said something back. This went on for about 5 mins. I really, really would like to know what that was all about.

 

2 comments:

  1. Jade I want to know too. maybe it's like that grand central station thing where eveyone starts dancing . Or it's their way of announcing foriener in store. Now were you robbed of your door thing and table and chairs? i love reading this. i will feel better when your friend gets there. love you Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that is pretty funny. Sounds like quite the adventure. Did you just stand there when they were chanting? Great blogs! Mine would be like one sentence.

    ReplyDelete